27 May 2011

Dear Norm,

You plague me. I can't seem to get enough of you, yet I know that you are fucking poison to me.

You're not the same kid from before. I'm not naive, I know that people change, but still, you are not in any way remotely similar to the boy that I fell in love with all those years ago. Art used to be your passion, not just a past time, and you used to make me smile and laugh and now all you make me do is cringe in disgust.

But I'm a hypocrite, though. I'm not the same girl either. I have more a backbone and I've given up on trying to find a relationship (this is your fault). I'm not afraid to admit that I'm wrong, but I won't just give up everything I've worked so hard for. My dreams are finally within my grasp, I can taste it. And you sure as hell are not going to hold me back from the most important things in my life.

I'm not an angel anymore. I know what you do on the weekends, and now I really could care less. I can probably do more shots than you could on a good day and I've seen my fair share of bad things, partaken in some of them, even. I'm not afraid of a few little curse words, and most importantly, I'm sick of waiting around for you.

Maybe you and I can never, ever, ever be together again. We are just too different; definitely not the same people. Maybe, just maybe, our new selves will be even more compatible and balance each other out. Who knows? I just wish I could read your signs, or better yet, forget all about you. I have nothing left to give, so stop trying to take. You've taken all of it already, which is just fucking stupid because you didn't even do anything. You were just nice and charming and made me smile and you were just there.

And even though I couldn't stand the "new" you, I'm a girl, and your rebellion appealed to me and it made me love you even more.You make me smile, but at the same time, you break my heart with every broken plan, unanswered text. I don't know what I would do without you because it's been proven that I can't go more than a few months without you. All I want is for you and your toxic personality to go away.

...Who the hell am I kidding? I'll never be able to escape you.

I'm just a masochist, I guess.

I still hate you.
-B.

No comments: